Jigsaw Interior Architecture and Design have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Interior Designer to work within our talented team.
You will have experience in running your own high-end projects from briefing to completion, you will be responsible for ensuring the client is happy at all times and that projects are delivered to the highest possible standards.
Role and responsibilities
- Work across all stages of interior design projects from initial briefing and quoting, through concepts and procurement to installation/completion
- Preparation of deliverables – presentations, concept mood boards, detailed presentations, full quotations, and sample packs
- FF&E specification, selection, scheduling, and procurement
- Liaising with site contractors, clients, and suppliers.
- Travel to sites, suppliers, and clients as and when needed
- Running of multiple interior projects under supervision of department manager/senior designer – often across a broad variety of clients/sectors (private residential and for developers, hospitality and commercial)
- Attending face to face briefings, site surveys, meetings, and presentations
- Understanding of budgets and quotations
- Assisting department manager and other designers when required
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years industry experience
- Qualification/degree in relative subjects
- Previous experience in developments, commercial and/or hospitality design would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills, excellent verbal, and written English
- Excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge of industry standards – (FR, martindale tests etc)
- Self-motivating with good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capability to collaborate, innovate and learn
- Team player attitude
- Proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of profit and margins is essential
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics
- Broad knowledge of suppliers (furniture, artwork, accessories etc)
- Detailed knowledge of curtains/window treatments spec/process/manufacturing would be advantageous
- Full UK driving license would be desirable
- CSCS card holder would be desirable
What Jigsaw offer to you
- Wellbeing package – access to a daily morning ritual (yoga, meditation breathwork), four wellbeing team days throughout the year and discount off select treatments
- Selection of teas, coffee, fruit, and biscuits always available in our staff kitchen
- Pension scheme
- Opportunity to attend trade shows, in UK and abroad
- Continued professional development and training
- Flexible working and WFH opportunity when possible
The successful candidate will initially shadow the team manager and other key members to understand the Jigsaw procedures and processes but will be expected to run multiple projects. This role takes guidance from director/manager and involves working as part of a team.
This role is based in Poole, Dorset, however the successful candidate will be required to travel to London and within the UK.
This is a full-time position (40hrs) and all candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply:
Please submit CVs including references and portfolios on the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org using ref: Mid Weight FF&E Interior Designer Application.
We will be in touch with successful candidates to arrange interviews.
Salary negotiated based on level of experience and discussed prior to interview offer. Candidates without portfolios illustrating all stages of design through to completion of own designs will not be considered.
All applications to be submitted by 3rd Sept
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.