Junior Interior Designer
Do you want to join a vibrant interior architectural and design company on the South Coast, that works on flagship developments, hospitality and high-end residential markets in London and Dorset?
We are currently seeking an exceptional Junior Interior Designer with remarkable creative and organisational skills to join our head office in Poole, Dorset.
Role and responsibilities:
- work across all stages of interior design projects from initial briefing and quoting, through concepts and procurement to installation/completion
- preparation of deliverables – presentations, concept mood boards, detailed presentations, full quotations and sample packs
- FF&E specification, selection, scheduling and procurement
- liaise with site contractors, clients and suppliers
- travel to sites, suppliers and clients as and when required
- run multiple interior projects under the supervision of a department manager/senior designer, often across a broad variety of clients/sectors, such as private residential for developers, hospitality and commercial
- attend face to face briefings, site surveys, meetings and presentations
- understanding of budgets and quotations
- assist department manager and other designers when required
- work to clients’ timeframes and managing budgets
- develop and produce concept presentations with 2D/3D visualisations
- produce complete CAD technical drawing packages for site purposes
- produce comprehensive product and finishes specification documents
- assist in-house branding, marketing and social media briefings/meetings when requested
Keys skills required:
- the ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in interior design or interior architecture
- enthusiastic and quick to learn
- passionate about interior design with a strong desire to uphold a high level of design quality
- able to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced role
- some knowledge of materials, suppliers and manufacturers and a proactive approach to developing new relationships with suppliers and manufacturers
- proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe InDesign, SketchUp and Microsoft Office Suite
- excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- ability to converse with industry professionals and clients
- ability to take the responsibility for multiple tasks at the same time and ensuring timely delivery of designs
- strong organisational capabilities
- flexibility to travel to sites in the UK – a full UK driving licence would be desirable
- excellent presentation skills and professional client interaction, both verbal and written
- strong communication skills and be able to problem solve under pressure
- drive to keep learning and improving and to rise up the ranks of the profession of interior designer
- capability, once trained to design and deliver large-scale residential and commercial projects including setting and meeting deadlines
- awareness of GDPR
- salary to be discussed upon experience
- 20 days holiday with accruing one day’s holiday for every year of service after two years up to 25 days
- pension scheme
Jigsaw benefits package:
- Jigsaw CPD – monthly continued professional development, where suppliers come in and talk to the team
- software training
- Jigsaw standards and processes training
- Jigsaw wellbeing programme – access to a daily morning ritual, yoga and meditation breathwork, four wellbeing team days throughout the year and discount off select treatments.
- selection of teas, coffee, fruit and biscuits always available in our staff kitchen
- access to the shared company car, if eligible on company insurance criteria
- opportunity to attend trade shows in UK and possibly abroad
To apply please submit the following via the apply for job button below:
- cover letter
- portfolio including mood boards, CAD layouts and finished work
Candidates without portfolios illustrating technical development and final photography of own designs will not be considered. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies.
What happens after you apply?
Our hiring team will review your application upon submission. If you are among the successful candidates, you will receive an email to schedule an interview
Please be aware that we will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months from the date that you applied to Jigsaw Interior Architecture & Design. This is to allow us to contact you in the future if you are not successful on this occasion and a more suitable role becomes available. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information. If you do not want your data held on file, then please contact us directly.
We wish you the very best of luck with your application.